Tuesday 14 July 2009

UK - War of the Worlds in St. Leonards?

I just had to share this story from my friend Sue - it really made me smile...

'There's a fashion down here for sending out Chinese mini air balloons, which are basically paper lanterns with candles in them. They can travel for miles and have been known to set places alight. We saw about 20 of them 2 weekends ago when my friend was down - we were convinced it was the war of the worlds! It was Robin's fault really - he said they must be aliens (didn't realise it was tongue in cheek). I actually wasn't convinced and thought they were a type of firework, but my friend (who's very excitable) kept stopping people in the street to say had they seen the aliens and eventually somebody said what they were.



It was slightly embarrassing actually, but luckily everyone here is odd so people were just mildly amused, especially a young West Indian couple - I could see they thought we were absolutely barking. Well, it was partly Robin's fault really because he said that strange lights had been sighted and it was in the Observer (which was true) so he half believed it too. I'm the one who is terrified at the idea that they might even be possible, but I wasn't really convinced.'

They’re out there…

No comments:

Post a Comment