Sunday 28 June 2009

DORDOGNE - Cingle de Montfort

When I set off this morning, I wasn’t entirely sure where I was going, but luckily my host David was there to point me in the right direction. He suggested a tour starting with the Cingle de Montfort not far south of Sarlat, which is beautiful view point over the château and village of Montfort, then on to Domme, La Roque-Gageac, Beynac-et-Cazenac and either the Château de Castelnaud or the Château des Milandes which was once the home of Josephine Baker and is now perhaps better known for its falconry displays.


I would probably have got to the Cingle de Montfort quicker if I’d listened to the GPS lady when she kept telling me I was going the wrong way, but it did get the day off to a nice start with an interesting little countryside tour. The Cingle de Montfort is actually a couple of minutes drive out of the village, but personally I preferred the views as you get up close and personal with the Château, and wished I’d stopped to take more photos of the amazing rock formations which form the foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment