Sunday 28 June 2009

DORDOGNE - Les Eyzies-de-Tayac

After a very comfortable first night at ‘La Boiseraie’, I was up and out at the crack of dawn – well 9am anyway! I had allowed plenty of time to get to my first stop of Les Eyzies-de-Tayac, as I hadn’t realised how close everything is in this area – I had obviously chosen my base well. This little town like many in the area is built into the overhanging rock which adds to its charm.



Sadly, the day had started out a little on the cloudy side and typically the sun was in completely the wrong place for the photo I wanted, but I wandered down to the river and discovered a very ornamental town hall instead!


There is a little path than runs along the river here and I bumped into a couple out on their Sunday morning bike ride, but had to smile because all I could hear as they passed was the lady puffing and complaining about the hill (it was completely flat as far as I could see!) and the man following behind saying ‘oui mon cherie, t’as raison’ (yes darling, you’re absolutely right!). A quick pain aux raisons from the bakers and I was on my way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment