Sunday 28 June 2009

DORDOGNE - La Boiseraie, my gite!

When I first saw ‘La Boiseraie’ on the internet, I really liked the look of it; wooden beams and floors, exposed brickwork and in a nice quiet area just a few minutes from the medieval town of Sarlat-la-Canèda – what more could I ask for!



I arrived early evening after a long day driving and sightseeing, and was welcomed by my new friend Holly, a spaniel that looked like she’d had her hair highlighted! While Holly lay on the floor to have her belly rubbed, David showed me to my new ‘home’ which was even better that I’d hoped. There was the small matter of having to climb up the ladder onto the terrace to get in when the lock jammed, but coming from Corsica I am used to life’s little inconveniences!



I’d forgotten to ask at the time of booking about any outside space as this is something I am used to at home and would really miss on holiday, but I was delighted to find a nice big terrace overlooking the garden. It was while eating dinner here on the first night that I met my second new friend of the day – Cooper the ginger cat!



On Friday evening, David invited me to a BBQ with Francoise, Magda, Francoise’s son Nicolas and two of his friends. We had homemade tapenade and fois gras to start, followed by a delicious leg of lamb and superbly cooked potatoes dauphinoise – yum! After dinner, they went for a stroll in Sarlat, but as I had an early start to catch my ferry I decided to pass. What a fabulous end to my stay in this beautiful area.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely place to stay, sooooooooooo jealous. Hx

    ReplyDelete