Sunday 28 June 2009

DORDOGNE - Montignac

I wasn’t sure if I could be bothered to drive up to Montignac, as there were still so many other things I wanted to fit in, but as with most other places I’d visited, it turned out to be much closer that I’d expected and I was glad I hadn’t missed out.



Montignac turned out to be one of the Dordogne towns of my imagination, and even tempted me to look in the window of one of the many estate agents, but only for a second! There was a pretty square where the bright blue shutters of the yellow sandstone houses contrasted with the vibrant pinks and reds of the potted geraniums, and a couple of interesting antiquey type shops such as the ‘Au Parisien Chic’ which was selling everything we Brits think of as typically French, and the French can’t seem to offload to us fast enough!



Lunch was a simple affair of a goats cheese tart and salad at the Bar du Commerce whilst I watched them set up the fun fair for later, and then I wandered through the main street and down to the public gardens which were really peaceful.



I suspect I was lucky to be visiting on a Sunday as the town was still relatively busy so I imagine it might be tough to find a spot to park in the peak season

No comments:

Post a Comment