Sunday 28 June 2009

DORDOGNE - Saint Léon sur Vezère

I must have read about Saint Léon sur Vezère somewhere as it was on my ‘to do’ list, but I wasn’t really sure why, so I was delighted with my first glimpse of this pretty little riverside village.



I parked the car and headed straight down the river where I could see canoes for rent (no chance!), and a sign offering lunch on the grass in the shade of the church – perfect!



‘La déjeuner sur l’herbe’ turned out to be a combination of gift shop selling post cards and regional produce, and tiny café/snack serving a small selection of regional platters.



The church itself was fairly simple, but the little square in front was charming, and could have come straight from the pages of an Agatha Christie novel set in a 1920’s English village.


The few restaurants in the village were busy and all I could hear were English voices, which spoilt it for me a little bit, but this is such a beautiful spot, who can blame them.

1 comment:

  1. sooooooooooo beautiful. I am very jealous, this looked like an incredible trip. How do you manage to pack so much in? Drugs?

    Hx

    ReplyDelete